Wednesday, August 10, 2011

House Projects

Periodically I will get the bug to do multiple projects around my house. A few weeks ago I was able to finally cross one of the things off my long list. Last summer my Mom and Dad found this old desk chair on the side of the road. It is quite comfortable but not at all stylish.




I have been wanting to perform a make-over for this chair since we brought it home. I finally picked a fabric for the cushion portion and decided to spray paint the legs a leather brown color. I made the top as if I was making a slip cover and stapled the fabric to the bottom seat cushion. Here is a picture of the slip cover making process.



And finally the completed chair! I love it! It looks great in our office/playroom! Jared couldn't believe the finished product! Now on the tackle the other projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment